1/28/2013

adventure


Sunday February 3rd, Jeremiah 1: 4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." The young man Jeremiah is called to step forth as a prophet and this raises the question for you and me, “What is God’s plan, God’s calling, for you and I”?  What does God have in mind for us to bring to the world as the gift we have already been given?  Most of us would scoff at such a prospect and so did Jeremiah.  It is not a matter of what we think we are capable of, it is a matter of what God is calling us to do and has already equipped us to do whether we are ready to accept it or not.  Spend some time in prayer this week.  Ask God what it is that God would have you do in this world.  Ask God what gifts you have been given to share.  Ask God what message you have been given to bring forth.  In most cases it will be like the answer John the Baptists gave to some who asked, you are called to go about that which you already do, but with the justice of God as your guide.  It may be that God has another path for you, one you may have never imagined for yourself.  If you follow that path, be ready for an adventure which is not always full of smiles but always full of adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me