7/25/2011

After all we say and do, this is what we think of you.”

Monday August 1st, Isaiah 55: 2 Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. 3 Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David. How much of your income, your time, and your labor, goes to what does not satisfy? How much of your time, labor and income goes to that which does satisfy? Seek ye first the kingdom of God, we do not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Well reality check!!!! There are many things we do that we might not enjoy, but that contribute to the quality of life. I am washing clothes as I write this. But it would not take a rocket scientist to do a time and income flow chart for our lives to determine what we value most by what we spend the most time and money on. Sadly, it is not kingdom life. A seminary professor challenged us to use this offertory prayer: After all we say and do, this is what we think of you.” I have only used it once, there was a little nervous laughter. How does your time management and cash flow stack up against your priorities, God’s priorities for you? After all you say and do, what do your actions say about God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me