5/24/2011

until we get it right

Friday June 3rd, John 14: 18-20 "I will not leave you orphaned. I'm coming back. In just a little while the world will no longer see me, but you're going to see me because I am alive and you're about to come alive. At that moment you will know absolutely that I'm in my Father, and you're in me, and I'm in you. In growing up on the farm I road along many times with my father as he was plowing. I learned every little thing there was to learn about plowing on our farm. When it came time for me to plow alone,….. well, let’s just say the rows were not quite as straight as what I had imagined them being in my mind. Making straight rows took time and doing it myself rather than just watching and learning how it was done by someone else. Jesus left us with the spirit for the same reason. With Jesus here to follow in the form of the Holy Spirit, we would never learn what it means to be a child of God, only to follow what it means to be The child of God. It is our struggle and our striving that that put it all together. It is the Spirit that calls us to turn around and try another row, again and again until we get it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me