5/24/2011

Opening Litany based on Psalm 66:8-20

Worship Leader: Come all you people, let us praise the Lord our God. Let the sound of our Praise be heard over all the land and in every heart.

Congregation: For the Lord has preserved our lives and keep us from slipping off the path of grace. The Lord has made us pure as fine silver by testing us this world of self help and business.


Worship Leader: You gave us toys, entertainment and other shinny things to try to draw us away from your grace.

Congregation: You let others ride over us and lay the burden of abundance on our backs, tempting us to leave you behind as we sought only the god of self. 

Worship Leader: I will spend time in your presence O Lord and fulfill the vows I spoke when I thought I was in trouble.

Congregation: I will give back from the abundance you have given me, offering up to you, both my treasures and my time.

Worship Leader: Come gather and hear all you who walk as the children of God, and let me tell you what the Lord has done for me. I raised my voice in Praise before my God, and the Lord God heard me and blessed me. If I had cherished only sin and my selfish desires, my own noise would have drowned out the word of God’s grace and I would still be longing, seeking for something more in life.

Congregation: We will praise the Lord our God with our voice, our time, and our deeds, for the Lord has heard our prayers and has responded with love and grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me