3/08/2010

be reconciled

Wednesday March 17th, 2 Corinthians 5: God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. How do people find out about all this Good News in Christ? For some it truly may be so simple as singing “Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so” when they were young, but for most I suspect it is “Jesus loves me this I know for God’s People show me so.” Most of the time it is the people of God, living out their lives as the called, falling, failing, forgiven and joyful people of God that show others of God's love. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, most of us don’t spend most of our time showing others God’s love. If we are with God, in relationship with God, it just happens. It is not the canned programs, the memorized verses, the testimonies and stories, it is the real life, changed life living that tells others of God’s love. Remember, one out of a hundred read the Bible, ninety nine out of a hundred read the people who read the Bible. Sometimes it is amazing God’s love gets through, but then again, that’s the way God’s love has always gotten through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me