5/26/2009

Graduation day

Friday June 5th, John 15: 7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. Graduation day is upon us. Soon our children will be going their own ways. Over the next couple of years, the parents will grow wiser and their lessons more meaningful in the lives of these youthful travelers. So it is in the kingdom. As long as Jesus was with us, the disciples could call upon him for answers. Now the Spirit leads us to come up with contextual answers on our own, looking to Christ for guidance through the word and the world. I wonder if the disciples and scripture writers wish they had listened more intently, taken better notes, asked more questions? I suspect, through the Spirit, what they heard and what we hear is all that is needed. I suspect it is the Spirit leading us through the process of wrestling with the issues that we hear the Gospel the best. It is in doing the Gospel (remember the final vision) that others, and we ourselves, hear the teachings of Christ in every imaginable situation. The Gospel in the world is our text book, the final vision with the gates of the new Jerusalem open to all is the equivalent of the answers in the back of the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me