8/01/2007

fix it for me Jesus

Thursday August 9th, Luke 12: 13 Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." 14 Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" 15 Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." Too often we want Jesus to solve our problems, and the problems we want solved are to be solved in our favor. Instead of a “fix it for me Jesus” approach to life, we are called instead to a life of living and loving relationships. Jesus asks us the question, how are you going to handle this in a kingdom way? How are you going to solve this problem with your brother or sister in Christ. Step one is to see the other as you brother or sister in Christ. Hint, guns, missiles and bombs take you in the wrong direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me