2/26/2007

Yah, But

Sunday March 4th, Genesis 15: 1 After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward." 2 But Abram said, "O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?" 3 And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir." Oh, the promise of God is great and sure, but it is for me!?!?!?! It can’t be for me! There has to be some mistake!!!! We all get stuck in this practical, pragmatic, three dimensional world from time to time. The promises of God are great and all that, but how about three squares and a roof, and while we are at it, make it a nice roof, and maybe another one on the river for vacations, and a nice truck to pull the boat I will need, and a nice car to drive, Oh, and don’t forget the big screen plasma and, and, and, and, and, and…….. In the midst of all of our “Yah but’s,” God continues with the promise. Our job is to connect with the promise once in a while and live this life accordingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me