2/19/2007

Perfect like "Pleasentville"

Friday March 2nd, Luke 4: 5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 So if you worship me, it will all be yours." 8 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'" Just think, no war, no famine, we would all get along, dumbly following along like a herd of animals. There would be no free will, no ability to hate and therefore no ability to love, no ability to hoard and therefore no ability to share. It would simply be denying the “created in God’s image” thing. Once again, Jesus turns our heads from our own desires to the word of God and the hope it brings into the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me