1/03/2007

The Baptism of our Lord


Luke 3:15-22

Open you heavens
Open you earth
rejoice for the one has come
the Messiah
the Christ
Rejoice.
and I sit amid the commotion
and my own darkness
in the midst of my night
created in the beginning
and each day made anew
by my desires to be god
to serve Me alone
And in the distance
I see the white shining of a dove
gently gliding to earth
through the heavens opened
and alight upon the one standing before me
I hear the words
gentle like soft life giving rain
and yet like thunder
summoning the world to listen
amid its self serving drown
“this is my son
my own in whom I am pleased”
the heavens close again
leaving this shining ray of hope
---- and light
amid the darkness
leaving me knowing
I could never look into the face of another
without seeing the face of God
my night vanished
to a dawn of a new world
filled with the light of Christ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me