1/03/2007

Imagine, then act

Monday January 8th, Isaiah 43: 5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. 6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth- We must be honest. There are many places in the scriptures where the word of God is distorted, and the image presented is one of one group of people being saved at the expense of others. Imagine if you will all of God’s creation, which God called good on the day of creation, feeling the presence of God returning sons and daughters from afar. Imagine the soldiers return from Iraq. Imagine the Israelites and the Palestinians returning home to safety and a hope filled future. Imagine the Sunni and Shiites returning home to live in peace. Imagine lives being rebuilt in the Sudan. Imagine!!! And let the voice of God, the Prince of Peace, spur you on to action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me