10/02/2006

Garage sale for the Spirit

Thursday October 19th Mark 10: "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" 18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.'" 20 "Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy." 21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Today, the Spirit looks to the heart, as did Jesus with this young man, and sees what it is we need, sees what the barriers are to receiving God’s grace. We often find that a bit uncomfortable. We often find it to be just what Jesus told this young man, and we only want that message for others. Jesus however operates out of love, pure love. Pure love tells the truth. We need a bit more truth in our lives, even if it hurts a bit. What is Jesus telling you to do? What are you not hearing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me