9/29/2006

Jesus loves me this I know

Saturday October 14th, Mark 10: 13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Children love, children trust, children sing songs like “Jesus loves me” and just know it is true. When we get older it becomes too easy to put limits on things, including that unabashed all loving response back to Jesus. When I was in seminary, the closing speaker in chapel after 4 years of seminary reminded us of all the classed we had taken. He reminded us of Greek and Hebrew, systematics and history, homiletics and Lutheran heritage and then asked us to put it all together. He had us sing, “Jesus loves me.” If we miss that, we miss it all. Remember, and hum a few bars of “Jesus loves me” to yourself every day. Remind yourself that you are loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me