7/14/2006

plumb lines

Monday July 17th, Amos 7: "Behold, I am setting a plumb line in the midst of my people Israel; I will never again pass by them; 9 the high places of Isaac shall be made desolate, and the sanctuaries of Israel shall be laid waste, and I will rise against the house of Jeroboam with the sword." All the might and wonder built up from the profits of injustice cannot overshadow the injustice of families living in cardboard shacks. The test of any nation is how it treats the least among then. A United States Senator makes over $165,000 per year along with more than a few benefits. In the past ten years they have increased their salary by 24%. In the last ten years they have not raised the minimum wage once and they just voted it down again. Hear again the words of the prophet Micah, for what does the Lord require of you, but act justly, to love mercy and walk humbly before your God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me