7/14/2006

The rock and a hard place

Friday July 21st, Mark 6: 21 Finally the opportune time came. On his birthday Herod gave a banquet for his high officials and military commanders and the leading men of Galilee. 22 When the daughter of Herodias came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests. The king said to the girl, "Ask me for anything you want, and I'll give it to you." 23 And he promised her with an oath, "Whatever you ask I will give you, up to half my kingdom." The old rock and a hard place. Herod had a bit of a concept of justice in his heart, not much, but a bit. Satan wants it all. At any time along a long road we are given the opportunity to speak up and do the right thing. Most of us, like Herod would rather save face and be silent. You must be careful that when you save face, you don’t lose your soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me