7/19/2006

No Fear

Sunday July 23rd, Psalm 23: He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod; your staff, they comfort me. There are many divisions in the world. If we look deep enough there is someone or some group that falls on our spectrum of somewhere between dislike to greatly fear. Dislike we can usually deal with. Fear can turn into hostility such as we have now in the mid-east, Korea, Iraq, The Sudan and even here at home in the US. Before any war, there is a heightened sense of fear, it is what allows basically good people to justify killing of others. Into this mess we have created, even though I go through the darkest deepest places in life, I will fear no evil for God is with me. God’s side is peace, the question we have to ask is whether we are in or out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me