3/02/2006

The promise is that we are not left behind

Sunday March 5th, Genesis 9: 8 Again, God said to Noah and his sons: 9 I am going to make a solemn promise to you and to everyone who will live after you. 10 This includes the birds and the animals that came out of the boat. 11 I promise every living creature that the earth and those living on it will never again be destroyed by a flood. Those who would profess the theology of the “Left Behind” series would see this as one of God’s trick statements, sort of a “I won’t use water next time, I’ll use fire ha ha ha!!!” statement. I see it more of a promise to all of life on the planet earth that God will love them and keep them in a loving relationship. In other words, there will be love, grace and Jesus. What do we make of this? God is concerned about and loves all of creation. Global warming is a concern, The Sudan is a concern, the Middle East is a concern, Warfare is a concern and you and I are a concern. Our job is to get our concern in line with God and care for all the world, not just our own back yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me