2/28/2006

Ash Wednesday


Matthew 6:1-6, 16-21

Is my hair straight?
How about this tie
--does it match
the rest of the image
--(help me)
I wish to present?
This image made up
--of all the images
--of all the people
trying to present
----an image
I sometimes make a show
For the world
--so busy making shows
yet
--I long for something more
--(Lord)
--I long to uncork
------that stream
----of passion
------within me
that passion
--that draws me toward the light
----and illumines
------my innermost
--------Yes I dare to let go
----------self
--(to place)
protected now
by the walls of expectation
built on the unfulfilled dreamings
of what should be

but there are those times
when
--for some reason
----beyond me
I live in a world filled with people
--alone
--(my trust)
and in those brief glorious moments
I become
--whole
and cry
--for no reason
--seeing no eyes upon me
--Thank you
--(You)
----Lord

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, Thank you for the brilliant reflection of the texts for today.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant passage to accompany the message today.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me