2/09/2006

What hang-ups keep grace at bay?

Sunday February 12th 2 Kings 5: 11 But Naaman stormed off, grumbling, "Why couldn't he come out and talk to me? I thought for sure he would stand in front of me and pray to the LORD his God, then wave his hand over my skin and cure me. 12What about the Abana River or the Pharpar River? Those rivers in Damascus are just as good as any river in Israel. I could have washed in them and been cured." The trouble with things like arrogance, pride, and self-righteousness is that they are very good gate keepers. They don’t keep us safely within their confines however, what they do is keep grace safely out. Elisha no doubt could have used the Abana or the Pharpar rivers. It wasn’t about the magic of the river; it was about the willingness of ones faith. God calls us into a loving relationship. What hang-ups do you have that keep that grace at bay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me