2/09/2006

Possibilities before us

Monday February 20th Isaiah 43: You have not brought delicious spices for me or given me the best part of your sacrificed animals. Instead, you burden me down with your terrible sins. But I wipe away your sins because of who I am. And so, the Lord will forget the wrongs we have done and bring us forgiveness once again. We don’t always do so well on our choices do we? We look to yesterday and perhaps even earlier today and understand that we have all fallen short of the glory of God. That we have loved our neighbor as ourselves, that we have not loved God with our whole heart. We also realize something else. What God calls forth in us is not guilt, but a newness and forgiveness that sends us forth into the world to be the word of God’s love and forgiveness for others. The Lord brings us forgiveness not to make us feel bad for what we have done, but rather to open before us all the possibilities that God has set before us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me