11/10/2005

Jesus would much rather forgive than coax.

Saturday November 19th, Matthew 25: 24"Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.' Luther said to sin boldly, but rejoice more boldly still. The gifts God gives you can not be broken, but they can be misused. As a matter of fact, they are probably misused most of the time. It is not misuse that is the problem, it is lack of use. So, love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself, in whatever way your God given talent leads you. And if you make a mistake along the way, that is much better than erring on the side of caution. In the kingdom, it is much better to screw up trying than to not screw up by not trying. Jesus would much rather forgive than coax.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

so I guess I need to forgive you for posting this on my site.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me