5/26/2005

It was good

Monday: God created the huge whales, all the swarm of life in the waters, and every kind and species of flying birds. God saw that it was good. God blessed them: "Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Ocean! Birds reproduce on Earth!" It was evening; it was morning-- Day Five.: God spoke: "Earth, generate life! Every sort and kind: cattle and reptiles and wild animals--all kinds." And there it was: wild animals of every kind, cattle of all kinds, every sort of reptile and bug. God saw that it was good. If God made it and it was good, I wonder why we as humans do not grasp the sin of destroying it. The “Greenies” are vilified in our current make a buck world as holding back progress. Instead of holding back progress, they are holding up creation. It’s the churches job, but we dropped the ball. It’s a good thing God had plan “B”. What can we do as a church to start upholding our end by holding up that which God created and called good? Talk to me!!!! Do something!!! Now!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, this is the meditation that I wanted to comment on. When I was going to law school in Oregon I built this rack of sliding drawers with varying sizes of baskets. I would separate out my recyclables in the different baskets. Joann and I have been talking about doing the same thing at the church.

Logistically, we need a place to put the rack. It should be some place where people know where it is and have ready access. I was thinking the closet behind the narthex where we keep food donations. We could call it a materials donation center and people could donate their recyclables. We would also need a team willing to deliver the recyclables to the recycling center. What do you think?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I don't know which way is the best way to put this into effect. The Boy Scout group that was meeting here was going to do something but they haven't yet. There is some recycling at Carrs on Huffman. I remember visiting a church in Seattle where they had a trailer with seperate bins for the differant items, it was locked except for Sunday and then someone hooked up a truck and halled it away to dump it. I am a bit concerned about storeing stuff in the church because of potential oder.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me