5/16/2005

Time to go out

Sunday May 15th: . Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm in the skies above them, and it filled the house where they were meeting. Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability. The first thing that strikes me is that it is seven weeks after the resurrection and they were still all huddled together, all the believers, in one place. I think I remember Jesus telling them to go into all the world and bring the message and baptize, I think I remember Jesus showing them what he meant when he talked to the woman at the well, I think they would have gotten the message. They did not. Nor do we. It takes a constant push to read, gather, pray, go out and then start allover again, read, gather, pray, go out. We have the gather part down, but then so did the disciples, it’s the go out part that seems to be the stumbling block. At least we are in good company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me