3/15/2021

5th Sunday in Lent John 12:20-33

 Perched on the end of its stock

Out of the reach of the ground

A grain grows

Golden

Full of life that is

And is to be

In the bringing forth of life

Not only to itself

But to all who partake

 

Lord help me

--(unless)

to face

--that which has been faced

--for generation after generation

--(a grain of wheat)

that which makes no sense

and yet is the only thing

--that makes sense

--(falls)

I fear what is to come to all

I fear accepting my death

As real

And facing the unknown

--(to earth)

even Christ’s soul was troubled

and felt agony

at the facing of what

--was

----to

------be

--------(and dies)

But I know

--in my innermost self

that to live

I must let go

To truly live

I must accept all of life

--even death

and not hang on to my self

--as god

--(it remains alone)

I thank you Lord

For your Son

Who died

--(but if it dies)

that I might live

--(it bears much fruit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me