2/15/2021

Ash Wednesday Matthew 6:1-16

 Is my hair straight?

How about this tie

---- does it match

the rest of the image

---- (help me)

I wish to present?

------------ an image

I sometimes make a show

for the world

--------------- so busy making shows

yet

-------- I long for something more

-------- (Lord)

-------- I long to uncork

------------- that stream

-------- of passion

------------- within me

that passion

----- that draws me toward the light

----------- and illumines

---------------- my innermost

---------------------- Yes I dare let go

----------------------------- self

------ (to place)

protected now

by the walls of expectation

built on the unfulfilled dreamings

of what should be.

 

But there are those times

when

------- for some reason

------------- beyond me

I live in a world filled with people

-------- alone

----- (my trust)

and in those brief glorious moments

I become

----- whole

----- (in)

and cry

----- for no reason

----- seeing no eyes upon me

----- and I Thank You

----- (You)

--------- Lord

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me