11/23/2020

Advent 1 Mark 13: 24-37

 Watch!

Watch, and I stand there

waiting!

for that

            time    

                        moment

when it would be fulfilled

and every life would have

that missing element

that wholeness

            and holiness

that every cell of my being

            and world

                        and universe

cries out for

            FILL ME LORD

            MAKE ME WHOLE

fill this void

            this longing

in my life

I am waiting

            (watching)

Lord.  I am waiting

but the time

            (unending)

seems to be all there is

just the time

            and the waiting

                        (hurt)

            in this world

I am ready for you Lord

            (holy)

ready to see the glory

            (love)

that is you

and be taken from

all the hurt

            (this)

                        pain

            (gift)

                        hunger

            (of life)

                        and death

            (to us)

                        we have

                                    (created)

                                    in this life

WHEN WILL THE WAITING BE OVER?

and my eyes cleared

from having to watch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me