10/12/2020

Matthew 22:15-22

 What is this

In God we trust? Stuff

As if

We really trust in god

My party yes

The army yes

As long as they don’t question me

The people, yes

As long as they vote the right way

But

In god

We trust

The next thing we know

God

Will be asking us to love

Loving God I understand

Getting all gushy inside

Letting the high waft over me during worship

Getting excited as hating the sin

And loving the sinner

Under the condition of the sinner giving up

Sinful ways

And seeing the world as I do

Because I am Right

But loving others as ourselves

That only work when they

Become

Like

ME

The perfect example of god’s perfection

By my standards

In this world

In God we trust?

Only on the coin my friend

Only on the coin

Forget it man

No way

I mean

That would mean change

Not just who is in charge

But how we do things

We would be forced to face

Honesty

Integrity

No way will that work

No way will in God we trust work

In this world

In What god do we trust?

Self?

Time?

Talent?

Self preservation?

What god do we trust in?

Give me the coin

Oh

I see

In God we trust

In GOD

We are asked to

Set the priorities

In our life

Set the priorities

That will guide us

And live

In God

Trusting

In that God we claim to trust

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me