2/12/2019


6th Sunday after the Epiphany
Luke 6:17-26

It all seemed so easy
to love the Lord your God
with all your heart and soul and mind
and your neighbor as yourself
So easy
to say I will love
So easy
to chat with my neighbor
share a meal
get to know them
sort of
To care for them
sort of
To feel good about my life
sort of
and not see the ones at the far end
of the table
set for me
by the Lord my God whom I love
with all my heart, soul, mind
But through the help of your love
I see them now Lord
I see the children starving
The lonely ones
The ones excluded and insulted
The punch lines of my humor
I see them now
seated at the table you have set before me
strangers no more
but sisters and brothers
in the house of the Lord
forgive me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me