6/06/2016

temper tantrum

Monday June 13th, Isaiah 65: 8 This is what the LORD says: "As when juice is still found in a cluster of grapes and men say, 'Don't destroy it, there is yet some good in it,' so will I do in behalf of my servants; I will not destroy them all. 9 I will bring forth descendants from Jacob, and from Judah those who will possess my mountains; my chosen people will inherit them, and there will my servants live.  We can prune trees, cultivate gardens, even practice animal husbandry, but the cultivation of the human species is best left up to God.  We have tried, and we are all too familiar with the results of trying to play god by our rules.  The results are often ethnic cleansing, war, genocide, gas chambers and draconian immigration policies. The difference between our attempts of societal cultivation and God’s attempts at human cultivation is that God loves all of us and takes the spoils of the messes we have created and tries to work them for the good of all.  Humanities attempts are only thinly disguised attempts of tyranny and often look like a two-year-old having a temper tantrum.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me