10/05/2015

open eyes

Friday October 16th, Mark 10: 19You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.'" 20"Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy." 21Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."   Ahhhhh, so that is what we must jettison, our concept of making it to the top on our own and our inability to see, or care about the victims along the way.  This election season has opened the door wide to the rich young rulers of our world.  Most even claim to be men (very few are women) of god.  And what you hear is not one word about those at the bottom who are holding up their fantasy pyramid.  Go sell everything and give to the poor and follow Jesus is the word of God.  And all we seem to hear is “Look, there is a poor person who doesn’t deserve what I work for.”  I don’t care about the 99%.  In a finite world there is only one way for the rich to get richer and that is for the poor to get poorer. Jesus calls us to an opposite vision.  But what would the neighbors think if we started to care about them?  Open the eyes of my heart Lord!!!  Sing it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me