6/08/2015

trees

Wednesday June 17th, Ezekiel 17: 24 All the trees of the field will know that I the LORD bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall. I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish. I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it.  Affirmative action has become a dirty phrase in many political circles.  It was Biblical before the power people went to court to try to overthrow it, with phrases like reverse discrimination or special rights.  I recently marched in the Gay Pride Parade in Anchorage under the banner of Christians for Equality.  I am not gay, none of my children are gay that I am aware of, and who knows of my grandchildren.  This is not a matter of personal association for me, it is a matter of the kingdom of God and Justice and fairness.  For me the act of exclusion is an act of the rejection of the Gospel, it is the rejection of Christ.  Affirmative action, and caring for the least, lost and lonely, all the least, lost and lonely was a Biblical concept long before it became a political hot potato.  It will continue to be a Biblical concept long after we are no longer here to fight for it.  Which side are you on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me