6/22/2015

Opening Litany based on Psalm 30




Congregation: I will exalt you, LORD, for you rescued me and refused to let my enemies and fears triumph over me. I cried to you for help, and you restored me, you brought me up from the depths and kept me from falling even deeper.

Worship Leader: Therefore sing to the LORD, all you godly ones! Praise the Lord’s holy name for though there may be anger at our deeds and lack of belief, the Lord’s favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning light.

Congregation: When I was prosperous, I said, “Nothing can stop me now!” In my pride I claimed your favor O LORD, and felt it made me as secure as a mountain. Because of my arrogance you turned away from me, and I was shattered.

Worship Leader: We cried out to you, O LORD and begged for mercy, saying, “What will you gain if we die and sink into the grave? Can our dust praise you or tell of your faithfulness? In our despair, we finally turned from our pride to your love and cried out, hear us, O LORD, and have mercy on us, Help us, O LORD, for we turn now to you.

The psalm ends with: (Mourning into Dancing)

You've turned my mourning into dancing again, You've lifted my sorrows
I can't stay silent I must sing For Your joy has come

Where there once was only hurt, you gave Your healing hand
Where there once was only pain you've brought comfort Like a friend
And I feel the sweetness of your love Piercing my darkness
And I see the bright and morning sun
As it ushers in your joyful gladness

You've turned my mourning into dancing again you've lifted my sorrows
And I can't stay silent I must sing For your joy has come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me