5/18/2015

more life than knowledge

Friday May 29th, John 15: 7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.  Graduation day is upon us.  Soon many of our children will be going their own ways.  Over the next couple of years, the parents will grow wiser and their lessons more meaningful in the lives and minds of these youthful travelers.  So it is in the kingdom.  As long as Jesus was living here with us, the disciples could call upon him for answers.  Now that the Spirit leads us to come up with contextual answers on our own, looking to Christ for guidance through the word and the world, we are called on a journey with Jesus.  I wonder if the disciples and scripture writers wish they had listened more intently, taken better notes, and asked more questions?  I suspect, through the Spirit, what they heard and what we hear, though not all there is to know, is all that is needed for us to grow.  I suspect it is the Spirit leading us through the process of wrestling with the issues that we hear the Gospel the best.  It is in doing the Gospel that others, and we ourselves, hear the teachings of Christ in every imaginable situation.  The Gospel is more life than knowledge.  The Gospel in this world is our text book; the final vision with the gates of the New Jerusalem open to all is the equivalent of the answers in the back of the book just in case we get lost along the way.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me