5/25/2015

Abba, Pappa

Wednesday June 3rd, Romans 8: And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.  God, the creator of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them has invited you and I to come and sit in his lap.  We cry, “Abba Father”, we cry Papa, loving parent.  We cry, tell me a story, hold me in your arms, and let me take a nap here in your loving presence, Abba, Pappa, Father, Mother, Loving God Creator.  God responds with open arms and open heart and open love.  There is no greater sign of grace in all scripture than this simple Abba, Father.  It is all the feelings and love of crawling up in the lap of a loved one and having them read you a book, rock you, and hold you until you fall gently and peacefully into a peaceful and loving sleep.  It is The sign of Grace, Pure Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me