2/09/2015

Opening litany based on Psalm 41

Worship Leader: If you seek happiness, consider the poor.  It is the Lord you God who is with them.  It is the Lord who delivers them in the day of trouble and delivers them in their days of trouble.  If you seek happiness, consider giving yourself for others.

Congregation: We would do well not to support systems that trample on the poor and weak, for in doing so we oppose the Lord who holds them in their weakness and does not give them up to those who would use them for gain.

Worship Leader: As for me, I said, “O Lord, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you.”  My enemies wonder in malice when I will die, and my name perish.  And when they come to see me, they utter empty words, while their hearts gather mischief; when they go out, they tell it abroad.  All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

Congregation: The World thinks that a deadly thing has fastened on me and that I will not rise again, even my trusted friends have lifted the heel against me. But you, O Lord, have been gracious to me and have raised me up.

Worship Leader: By this I know Oh Lord, that you are pleased with me; my enemy has not triumphed over me. You Oh Lord have upheld me and set me in your presence forever.

Congregation:  Blessed be the Lord, the God of all people, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me