3/17/2014

planting

Saturday March 29th, John 4:  39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, "He told me everything I ever did." 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.  42 They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world." The church is started, washed in the living water and full of hope and expectation.  It was not the righteousness of the woman that did it, it was the word of God that filled their hearts.  In our worship communities, it is not the pastors or priests that are called to go and tell, it is the people, each one with a different story of God’s love and lives filled with enough garbage to sink a ship.  Come and see is the message.  Jesus saw all the garbage in my life, Jesus saw all the pain in my life, Jesus saw all the hope in my life and called me to bring you this good news.  My life is not changed, it is changing.  It is the day by day, moment by moment, deed by deed that others see, and that is what connects with the hole in their own lives.  Perfection and righteousness never won anyone to Christ, only the living word, seeing exactly who we are and changing our lives one little piece at a time brings about acceptance and change in others.  The outsider times three becomes for us an example of how to plant a church.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me