3/10/2014

live it

Saturday March 22nd, John 3: 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. 16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  Verse sixteen has been a comfort to so many in this world over the years.  If you believe, you will not perish but have eternal life.  All too soon however it becomes, if you believe and are baptized, or if you believe and do, if you believe and give, if you believe and and and and……….  Once saved always saved or can you lose your salvation, are you sure you believe, do you believe in a Bible believing church, are you saved by grace, by works, by a combination, what about Jews, what about Muslims, what about those who have a spiritual life but live a life separated from a church, synagogue or mosque or whatever, what about them?????????????................   My, my, my how we try to control the spirit.  Let’s not forget the all-inclusive nature of verse seventeen.  For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save it.  Not just save part of it, not just save those who are like me, look like me, act like me, think like me or worship like me.  Not just save those who belong to this church or that church or vote this way or that way, but sent his son into the world to save the world,, All of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Our task as the children of God is not to get saved, but to live it, in the broadest possible sense.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me