11/04/2013

down

Sunday November 10th, Job 19: 23 “Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, 24 that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever! 25 I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. Words commonly used in funerals.  But instead of our words engraved in rock or on a scroll, what we have is God’s word engraved on our hearts.  It is the grace of God, the presence of God, the love of God that lives within each and every one of us and along with it the call to see that presence in the hearts and minds and souls of others.  In the end, as noted in the book of revelation, it is that love of God that will stand upon the earth, as the holy city comes down, as God has always come down, to dwell with the likes of you and me and thee. It is called grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me