10/21/2013

kind

Wednesday October 30th, 2nd Timothy 4:  16At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. 18The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.  Do you ever feel sometimes like you are all alone?  Well you are not alone, Paul was right there with you.  Sometimes, even when you are doing the right thing, you can feel pretty out there and alone, most of your “friends” having taken the easy road more traveled.  If you are doing the right thing however (right thing in God’s eyes, not just your justification) you are not alone.  God has promised to be with you just as God was with Paul.  So, step one, check with your friends and the Bible, and if your friends and the Bible do not agree, check again but lean toward the Bible.  Step two, check the Bible with the Bible, don’t depend on a phrase or two but how does that work out for caring for the least, lost and lonely, and loving the Lord with all your heart soul and mind and your neighbor (God’s definition of neighbor) as yourself?  When you feel all alone, remember that we are called to be there for others and to fear and love God so that we do not betray, slander, or lie about our neighbor, but defend them, speak well of them, and explain their actions in the kindest way. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me