10/21/2013

above

Tuesday October 29th, 2nd Timothy 4:  6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.  So what is your goal in life?  To die with the most toys, the most hours logged in driving your kids to the next thing they “need to do” in Jr. High, a bigger number in your bank account balance than your parents?  Or is it a life well lived?  Thoreau went to the woods and said, ““I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die Discover that I had not lived.”  Henry had the right idea but missed it just a bit.  Don’t wait to the end of your life to discover you have not lived it, rather live as a child of God now, living to the last drop of marrow all that God has given you to experience, do and love.  Don’t let the demon of meritocracy draw you to the sidelines, but discover all the blessings God has given you and live them to the fullest. The first step is to fear, love and trust God above everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me