7/04/2013

right church

Friday July 19th, Luke 10:  36 "What do you think? Which of the three became a neighbor to the man attacked by robbers?"  For Jesus, neighbor is redefined from a geographic designation; one who lives close to my house, to an opportunity designation; one God has placed close to my heart.  The idea of neighbor has moved from a subject to be debated and discussed, to the object of my caring as I live out what it means to be a child of God.  The geographic designation would seem to be easy if we move into the right neighborhood, send our children to the right private schools, go to the right church etc.  That is the direction most of us take, which is simply a manifestation of the “I” problem.  It would all work out so well if God didn’t keep putting “those” people in our way and in our world.  What God is trying to tell us however is that it is through “those” people that we find our way to the kingdom.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me