7/01/2013

no big “I’s”

Thursday July 18th, Luke 10: 26 He answered, "What's written in God's Law? How do you interpret it?"  27 He said, "That you love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and muscle and intelligence—and that you love your neighbor as well as you do yourself." 28 "Good answer!" said Jesus. "Do it and you'll live."  The answer he gave was correct.  The trouble is that it is hard to love God with all you passion if you have an “I” problem, because your passion is reserved for yourself.  It is hard to love your neighbor as yourself if you have an “I” problem because no neighbor could measure up to the standards you set for them, while ignoring the standards for you.  “Do it and you’ll live” contains no big “I’s”.  It is a process, day by day as the mercies of God attend us bringing comfort to our anxious souls.  So Savior lead me to the home I treasure where at last I will find eternal rest, surrounded by all my neighbors who I may one day learn to love.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me