6/03/2013

soil is tilled

Tuesday June 11th, Galatians 1: 11 For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin; 12 for I did not receive it from a human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. Have you seen the latest guru to hit the Christian scene?  You too can harness the power of God in your lives, own the best cars, live life to the fullest….  But you know it doesn’t work that way.  Instead God calls the most unlikely people and equips them for the job.  There are good and poor pastors, preachers, and teachers, but the good ones are only as good as the receptive ears and hearts on which the words of God fall.  Paul was the most unlikely of all those who brought the good news, but God had tilled the soil and the word took and the glory was given to God.  We are called to do no less.  When you live as a child of God, the soil is tilled and the seeds are ready, and once in a while God pulls off a miracle and allows us to be a part of it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me