6/24/2013

skeleton

Tuesday July 2nd, Galatians 5: 14 For everything we know about God's Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself.  If you bite and ravage each other, watch out—in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then? The book, “Wishful Thinking” by Fredrick Buechner has been stolen from me more than any other book.  To date, I have purchased 27 copies and have one in my library.  I call that an excellent endorsement of the book as well as a testimony to my poor managing skills.  From that book I will share with you the definition of “Anger.”  Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun.  To lick your wounds, to smack you lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back – in many ways it is a feast fit for a king.  The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself.  The skeleton at the feast is you.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me