5/06/2013

unhealthy


Saturday May 18th, John 17:20-23 The same glory you gave me, I gave them, So they'll be as unified and together as we are— I in them and you in me. Then they'll be mature in this oneness, And give the godless world evidence That you've sent me and loved them In the same way you've loved me. The children of God will be mature in oneness.  I think that would mean that until we get that oneness thing down, we are acting rather immature. War is not oneness.  Vast economic discrepancies are not oneness.  Putting up fences is not oneness.  Haves and have not’s is not oneness.  Fighting decent health care for all is not oneness. Corporations as persons is not oneness.  Oneness is more than saying we are brothers and sisters in Christ.  Oneness is acting upon the fact that we are brothers and sisters in Christ and caring for one another in this world as one would in a healthy family…. Oh, maybe that is the problem.  We are trying to pretend that we live in this world alone, and that is making us unhealthy.    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me