5/13/2013

half-baked


Saturday May 25th, John 14: "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.  The difference between these two statements is that those who love Jesus will keep his word and those who do not love Jesus will not keep his words.  We often take the leap and assume that the second group, those who do not love Jesus, are not loved by God and that God does not dwell in them.  But the scripture does not say that. That is our hang-up for which we need forgiveness. The difference is not whether “they” are loved or whether God dwells within them, the difference is whether “they” are aware of God’s love dwelling in them or not.  Those who do not love God may be missing out in the joy and comfort of knowing God is with them, but they are not missing out on God being with them.  That is just the rest of us trying to be judgmental.  A Christian is no better than anyone else, they just have some half-baked idea who to thank.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me