4/01/2013

locked


Saturday April 13th, John 20:  26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."  28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."  Now we can all start to feel better, this is a text of comfort for many in the church.  It was a week later.  Jesus had been there, Jesus had sent them, Jesus has blessed them with the Holy Spirit, and where are they?   Still behind the locked doors!!!!  And two thousand years later we often find ourselves in the same place, behind the closed church doors.  Blessed are those who have not seen and still go outside the comfort of the church walls with the message of forgiveness.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me