4/22/2013

Holy City Vision


Friday May 3rd, John 13:  33 "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come. When I was younger, my father taught me how to plow the fields.  I rode along with him and asked him questions and he gave me advice for a few years.  When I was old enough to plow alone, he let me go.  I was awful.  It takes more than head knowledge to really know what you are doing and enjoy it, it takes experience.  We have been taught, it is all there in the scripture, now is our time to learn the joy of gaining experience of what it is like in the kingdom of God.  When I looked back and saw those first plowed rows staggering down the field, I knew I had a bit of work to do. In time the rows became straighter and I felt good about what I was doing.   When I look around and see how far we are from the vision of the Holy City coming down from heaven with no pain, death or tears and manna for all and mercy for all, I see that I, and the rest of humanity, have a long way to go.  Someday perhaps we can look back at where we have been and what we have done and feel good about it.  For now, our task is to keep aiming at that Holy City vision.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me