4/08/2013

grace fed


Saturday April 20th, John 21: 15 After breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Master, you know I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." 16 He then asked a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" "Yes, Master, you know I love you."  Jesus said, "Shepherd my sheep." 17-19 Then he said it a third time: "Simon, son of John, do you love me?"  Peter was upset that he asked for the third time, "Do you love me?" so he answered, "Master, you know everything there is to know. You've got to know that I love you."  Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.  There is a statue on the shore of the Sea of Galilee of Jesus forgiving Peter.  Did Peter need forgiving to be accepted into the kingdom of Heaven?  Or did he need forgiving to move on in his calling as a child of God and into evangelizing.  Three times he denied, three times forgiven, each time with the call to go and “feed my sheep.” In all our Christ Denying deeds, we too are forgiven.  But not just forgiven from our sins, but forgiven for the purpose of our calling, “Feed my sheep.”  Feed them with belly food, yes.  But more importantly, feed them with grace filled soul food.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me