2/18/2013

There has to be some mistake!!!!


Sunday February 24th, Genesis 15 : 1 After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward."  2 But Abram said, "O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?" 3 And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir." Oh, the promise of God is great and sure, but it is for me!?!?!?!  It can’t really be for me!  There has to be some mistake!!!!  I know who I am, surely God must know what I am like deep down inside!!  We all get stuck in this practical, pragmatic, three dimensional world from time to time, a world with limits and shortages and needs that seem to outweigh abilities.  The promises of God are great but we need to be practical, how about three squares and a roof in the midst of an economy where I don’t even know if I will have a job tomorrow.  While we are at it Lord, let’s make it a nice roof, and maybe another cabin or house with a nice roof on the river for vacations, and a nice truck to pull the boat I will need for the river at the cabin, and a nice car to drive when I am not at the cabin, Oh, and don’t forget the big screen HDTV so I can watch shows that tell me what reality is and yes I know this will occupy most of my Sabbath time, but I will get to church once in a while, and, and, and, and, and……..   In the midst of all of our “Yah but” excises in life, God continues with the promise and the call.  Our job is to connect with the promise once in a while and live this life accordingly, our call is to reach out to others and tell them of, and be a part of, that same promise.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me